Ms. Magnolia Here!

Ms. Magnolia Here!
Future American President.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

A God Thang

A friend of mine and colleague, Dave Wang,say, "struggle is the engine of growth. have faith in yourself, and you will come out of this wiser and stronger." Let this be a driving point for those who need focus to re-dedicate their lives to service!
Fri at 9:23am via Mobile Web • Comment • Like / Unlike • View Feedback (12)Hide Feedback (12)
Mark A. Patton likes this.

Jarett James Worley
Have faith in the Lord, re-dedicate yourself to the Lord, let Christ be your driving point and you will come out wiser an stronger.
Fri at 10:36am • Delete

Carry Smith
I am, but sometimes like Dave he uses people to remind u of this. People are vessels of God to do his bidding. Thanks for your suggestion.
Fri at 11:21am • DeleteValerie Morgan FarmerI'm with Jarett on this...if you put your faith in man..any man..including ourselves...you can bet we will fail.. everytime...aahhh..but when we rest our faith in Him completely..that's where you'll find the drive to serve...Him first...and then others...Oh..and I would bet if you told Peter to put faith in himself..after his little water walking experience...I'm sure he would say...ummm no!! lol
Fri at 4:31pm • Delete

Derrick Morrison
GOD lets us down too. Believing in something greater than yourself is an awesome and unselfish thing. But I seem to have a hard time finding something I can rely on when it comes to religion. Christianity to me is one big story, amde up by people to give the people around them something to believe in. Same goes for islam, mormonism, buddhism, ect ... Read Moreect. Ive just been let down too many times with no answer or good reason. But Im glad there are ppl out there that can find faith in something. For now, my wife and kids are all I rely on. And so far, they havent let me down.
Fri at 5:43pm • DeleteJarett James WorleyStories are hard to believe, I know, I've questioned the whole idea too, several times before, but when I'm able to stop an look around at how beautiful the trees are, an thinking about how the flowers and bees work together and how a child is formed in the whom, then I believe in much, much more than myself. I mean try an wrap your mind around the... Read More idea that all came from a slimy organizm 2 billion years ago! Think about it. You ever meet some people that just seem to have it all? I'm not talking about motorcycles and bass boats, I'm talking about peace and constant happiness, (in this tough ole'world) a great family w/ good relationships an everything just seems to fall into place for them. That's no coinsedence my friend that's God's grace at work. My lovely wife was sent to me, and our children are wonderful blessings, but we must know he gives an he takes away. I'm not a preacher an I don't even have a Church , hell I may even be the biggest sinner I know, but I do believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross an forgave us our sins, therefore I feel indebted to be a good person and do the best I can everyday to be Christ like, an some people (not including Oprah) call that "Christianity". "Everthing got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him".-Collasions 1:16. God Bless
Fri at 6:53pm • Delete

Valerie Morgan Farmer
AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN.....and AMEN..oh and we are called acording to His purpose with a high calling...and we are all apostles and preachers and ministers..the world is our pulpit...that is two different scriptures by the way..not taking out of context just recalling the applicable...
Fri at 7:35pm • Delete

Carry Smith
This is a good string of conversation; however, I disagree with all of you in a matter of sense. Consequently, I would like to commend you on your arguments and effort you expressed in validating your arguments, however, I think all of you are wrong on the details of your premise and lack a degree of clarity on the delivery of your points. I find my counter argument that I offer more credible upon the delivery of the actions that are clearly more identifiable.

I am particularly pinpointing the fact that it was instituted because I support a friend delivering a message by God, serving as a vessel to me, that because I give credit to Dave that you say I am not saved. In fact I have been saved for a few years. God was there in Savannah, when I was homeless, and he was there when I was raped in Washington, D.C.

He gave me a sense of security and spiritual covering when, no one else could at the time. However, He used others to materialize what He could not in the human realm. When I was homeless, He sent a friend to give me a place to stay, a stranger to fix my car, and friends to support me with spiritual and loving advice. When I was raped, He sent coworkers and volunteers to help me and guide me with enthusiasm to get me through the difficult times, reminding me of my own resilience and strength. He sent old friends with support to reconnect past memories and apply those lessons to the present. He sent family and purpose to support me. And then He took me back home to get refocused and get my mind right. ... Read More

When He tells me to journey, I get in the car and go. When He says sacrifice everything to teach others a lesson to follow me, I do. I keep on keepin’ on through the tragedy. I see the glory of God’s divine and joyous path. However, Christians are sometimes the first to break our spirit with ignorance and speak with a lack of knowledge.

We are here to uplift and not discourage, through professing His word to witness. Without, giving Him glory and knowing that before this, He sent his angels to do His bidding and serve Him to bring forth change in our inconsistent-unfaltering lives. The trouble is many Christians today are quick to try to save, instead of motivate and ask questions first: strike one.

For those that do not believe in God, Allah or Jehovah, it is hard to believe in what you can not see and to know where the blessings are derived and sent by. By the way Muslims and people of Islam supported me when Jews and Christians did not in Washington. Although, Jews were the first to welcome me in their homes, before Christians, so my recommendation is for you need not judge, before your own day of judgment.

My Jewish co-workers were the first to offer their friendship. Then, I also argue who are the David’s, the “Distinguished Warriors,” used to guide us to interpret, His word and motivate and direct His people; where are the good Samaritans to bless us with His gifts of unselfish and ordained help (Seaborough, 2008). Who is the preacher who gives you a Christmas meal when otherwise you would have nothing, who is the teacher that mentors you and sees you through the difficult times to graduation, who is the stranger that rescues you from the car before it goes into the river so you can see your daughter another day, who is the cashier that greets you in line and gives you a proper greeting and farewell to have a great day that keeps you from committing suicide, and who is the angel that God sends to remind you that you do not have to fret, seek ‘Me’ first and I will give you what you need, when you need it.

Today again a friend of mine and colleague, Dave Wang, says, "Struggle is the engine of growth. Have faith in yourself, and you will come out of this wiser and stronger." Through his quote, he offered his God given word and talent to remind me of wisdom to discern and guide that God’s message, which reminds me to succeed and not falter to mortal judgment, but know my worth through his mighty plan.
Fri at 8:31pm • Delete

Valerie Morgan Farmer
I apologize, first to my Lord, if I was in any way making arguement of His Word ..next to you for the same reason and also I'm not exactly sure why you would think that I am saying you're not saved..it is very obvious that you love God and are saved..I was merely stating what God says in His word about a man (or woman) looking to man as God..not ... Read Morethat you are...I was only taking the point a little deeper..I totally agree that God uses people everyday to carry out His word...He did it for me many times when I was strung out on meth and does still today...I am in no way making arguement of God's Word...nor would I..we are all vessels and lights and should uphold one another in Godly love...so thank you for being a light...and again if it seemed as if I were arguing The Word..I'm sorry...with Godly love...
Yesterday at 2:28am • Delete

Carry Smith
Thank you. I just had that on my heart and had to shed a light of grace. We are the beacons of hope as you say. God uses us for his purposes to lead others to him. Christians have to serve him first. Just sometimes our delivery is flawed, which is unintentional. Thanks for sharing your testimony. God is good! Amen,:)
Yesterday at 8:49am • Delete

Derrick Morrison
I think Im gonna remove myself from this conversation. my viewpoints on this topic would probably upset yall. I am glad yall have something in your life that makes you feel the way you do about god.
Yesterday at 9:11am • Delete

Carry Smith
Its only through times in my life when circumstances when I prayed. No one was there until I did so. My faith was delivered when I had nothing or no one,and went to my knees and cried out to God. He sent people and his grace. its a matter of time and when it happens. I've been fortunate that it happened to me at a young age. Others see the light ... Read Morewithout having to endure the pain I've encountered. Everyone and everything is apart of a connection that cannot be explained. Some see Buddha,The Great Spirit, nature, Alah. I've been fortunate enough to know Jesus. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment