Ms. Magnolia Here!

Ms. Magnolia Here!
Future American President.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Swagger

• I have the swagger of a queen
I have the swagger of a lion
The courage of a tiger and the sensibility of a countess
I have the intellect of a philosopher and the inquisitive generosity of a parent who’s lost a child
Some say I have a swagger of a Cajun princess…
Sweet and hot
And at the same time, a little dark and a little bold

My mother first said I have the swagger of a steel magnolia….
Tough and as electric as dynamite
The steel to undergo hardships
But the grace and the beauty of a southern bell

My male friends say I have the swagger of an insensitive boxer…
A boxer taking no mercy on their opponents with the delicacy to “bat” my eyes
And charm them all as a secret weapon telling Carry when you are just going to get along

Then my female friends say I have the swagger of a true philosopher…
A brilliant fighter
But truly, a character
A comedian at bay
Wondering and never contemplating the impossible because…
I’m truly
Entertaining but say that’s just Carry,
Crazy…humorous Carry!

However, my Exs’, the few that exist,say I have the Swagger of a icon
An icon who gave them my all.
The bite of a snake
Cunning as Cleopatra with her addictive seduction
But beautiful as a dove.

But I’d rather condone my intellect and achieve that my swagger is my attention to ambition, success, motive, And tenacity.
Or my true Cherokee ancestral flare.
The might of chance, Dedication and goals.
To a simpleton from Appalachia with courage and pride.

It’s yes without talking, just observe.
Just observe I got “soul”.
It’s not in the way in which I style my hair or wear my clothes.
It’s in the way I walk.
It's unintentional exuberance.
It’s the way I move.
It’s in the way I think.
It’s in the way I teach.
It’s in the way I preach.
It’s in the way I project my swagger
Atone the me,
The real and true Carry.

What’s your swagger got?

No comments:

Post a Comment